What are some of the take-aways from this morning’s breakfast? Well, mainly that fundraisers shouldn’t be thinking of Millennials as an unattainable demographic. They’re really not that different to other generations.
- They have similar motivations and behaviours – differences are due to life stage and capacity to give
- They’re not being approached in traditional ways – fundraisers need to go where they are
- They want hands-on engagement
- Millennial employees desire purpose, feedback and flexibility
- They give to causes not organisations
- Nonprofits need to articulate their mission and communicate their impact – don’t underestimate the importance of your website
- Collective giving can be an effective way for Millennials to fundraise
- Millennials aren’t waiting to give – they want to give while accumulating funds
- Have you considered a Millennial on your Board?